Posted to rec.woodworking
tom tom is offline

Default Shaker and Mission?

I'm sorry. I thought you were_ looking_ at them, not just figuratively.
They look pretty similar, don't they? Seems to me the Shaker style is a
little more lithe in the leg. More carved tapers, spindles, etc.
Mission: a little more stout, overall, with wider, more squared
components. Of course, less embellishment in the Shaker would be
expected, but how can you get less embellished (well, within reason)
than Mission? The Mission might sport some bevelled through tenons,
dutchmen and such, I guess. Stoutman wrote:
Please see original post.

--
Stoutman
http://www.garagewoodworks.com