Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tony Bryer Tony Bryer is offline

Default Fully Electric Car available soon

On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 01:06:36 +0100 Doctor Drivel wrote :
He is confused you know - the weather and all that takes its toll on them.
Currently electric motors assist an IC engine in hybrids. In an EV, a
Stirling would only be charging and doing ancillary electrical work.

I've just come back from Denver. The main pedestrianised street has hybrid
buses with LPG engines running at a continuous speed charging batteries
which then drive electric motors. Very smooth and quiet, but, I suspect,
peculiarly suited to a low speed frequent stop-start application.

http://www.transteq.com/press_release.asp