Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia Jeff Wisnia is offline

Default Delta Single Handle Faucet: Washers For ?

Robert11 wrote:
Hello,

For the kitchen sink, I have one of those fairly typical, I guess, Delta
single handle faucets. Probably about ten years old, or so.

It's dripping, and I would like to buy and install new washers, or possibly
the whole cartridge, for it.

But, I cannot find the model number anywhere on it.

Is there one ? Where ?

Are these things so generic that I can just go to HD and pick up a
replacement kit,
or do you really have to have a model number ?

Or,...?

Thanks,
Bob

I'd say "generic" is the word. You can usually pick up a little bag with
two little elastomer seals and two cone ended springs which go under
them at most any hardware store for a couple of bucks. There are some
rubber o-ring seals used to seal the swinging spout to the body it fits
around, but if you're not getting leaks there, you can prolly get by
without replacing them.

HTH,

Jeff
--