Posted to rec.woodworking
Hambone Slim Hambone Slim is offline

Default any experience with curving lexan/plexiglass

"CW" wrote...
I think you have that backwards as for working properties.

"Hambone Slim" wrote...

Lexan is polycarbonate sheet, which is a little more difficult to work

than
acrylic sheet such as plexi or acrylite.

Years back, when I was working with plastics, we usually worked with acrylic
and were familiar and comfortable working with it, as well as with styrene.
We weren't as familiar with polycarbonate, and it didn't work well under our
usual acrylic techniques. In particular, I remember polycarbonate having a
greater tendency to burn while cutting, and clog the blades, and it being
impossible to score and snap. I seem to recall it was difficult to flame
polish also. Maybe thermoforming is easier? which of course is what the OP
wanted to do, but I don't recall.

--
Timothy Juvenal
www.tjwoodworking.com