Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y
Oxymel of Squill Oxymel of Squill is offline

Default Tree Pruning

my garden was overhung by a huge tree belonging to the council. When I asked
them to cut back the offending branches they did it within three weeks.
Official explained to me they were totally liable and had no right to
intrude across a line vertical to the edge of my property

"John" wrote in message
Not DIY I know but you guys seem to have a good knowledge of most things.
My neighbour has a tall Birch tree (30' plus) in his garden. The problem
is quite a bit of it overhangs into my garden and blocks the sun, some may
say good in this weather! I get on reasonably well with him so don't want
to 'muddy the water'. If we have it pruned who pays, him cos it's his
tree, me cos it's over my garden or both as it affects us both. I do not
mind all the arranging of it etc but would he be expected to contribute.
I realise I would have to get his permission first. Any thoughts? BTW he
is a pensioner but doesn't seem to be struggling financially or
healthwise.

Cheers

John