Maimai Maimai is offline
Junior Member

Unhappy Front door warped (from heat or rain) and can't lock it

Hi there, just joined today as found this site. Every year in summer my front door warps a bit and gets a bit tighter to lock. It's a masionette in an old house, west london so there is some subsidance as is built on clay. I don't believe the lock is the problem. So may need to shave a bit of the bottom and right of door in short term However I've got a twin door ie, the house is two flats with two identical wooden doors beside one another as individual entrances to each flat (so can't jus tbuy a new door). I've noticed some cracking on the porch just a few inches from the front door. This has happened and been filled twice before in teh ten years I've lived here. In winter there are huge gaps in the door so something has moved (frame/house?). But my neighbours don't seem to have this problem. Any help gratefully accepted as don't want to be ripped off. Mai