Ed Huntress

Default O.T. follow up on Mr. Gunner's comment

"Jim Wilson" wrote in message
k.net...

There are several troubles in understanding the 2nd

After a few hours reading, I'm nearly convinced that it cannot be
*understood* at all. I fear at best it may be interpreted.

In that sense, it's the same as the majority of the Constitution and
Constutional law. It just happens to be a little less penetrable than most.

There are two great contemporary benefits of the 2nd Amendment, in my
opinion: First, it's encouraged thousands of people to read at least a
little bit of Constitutional history. Second, it's given them reason to
think about political philosophy -- even if it's led most of those to become
libertarians. g

Thanks for the help.

Jim

I'm glad you found it interesting enough to do some reading. Despite my
wisecrack above, I happen to think that just reading about it is a
constructive thing for all of us.

--
Ed Huntress
(remove "3" from email address for email reply)