Posted to alt.home.repair
David Wood David Wood is offline

Default Pet resistant screen color

Daniel Prince wrote:
I would rather have a screen that is silver or gray colored. Does
pet resistant screen come in silver or gray? Thank you in advance
for all replies.

`Pet-resistant' screening is made of plastic (vinyl?) and is quite
heavy duty--my cat hasn't even tried climbing it: maybe it doesn't feel
as good to scratch? In any case, it works very well (it's still tight
5 or more years since I re-strung the door out to my deck). Because
the screening is thicker, it occludes more light; maybe the black enhances
the perceived contrast of what you see through the screen?