Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby The3rd Earl Of Derby is offline

Default fibreglass question please!.

Steve wrote:
Hi Folks
I have recently bought a 7ft fibreglass observatory which came in two
pieces, the dome and the bottom wall section. I managed to get the
dome round the side of the house but the bottom piece was just too
bulky and I had to get the angle grinder out and cut it vertically in
two and now wondering how to get them back together again. As its a
fibreglass observatory I assume I need fibreglass to fix it back
again but as the last bit of fibreglassing (is there such a word?) I
did was at school some ?@! years ago I`m a bit in the dark what to do
next, how,where from etc!!.
Any advice from the group most welcome.
Cheers
Steve

You're not going to get that strenght back just fibreglassing it so I'd
suggest some ally strips pop riveted down the sides inside and outside with
the ally plating.

You can buy fibreglass matting and compound from car accessories shops and
boat building suppliers if you choose to do it that way.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite