Posted to uk.d-i-y
mrcheerful . mrcheerful                                                                          . is offline

Default Chop! Chop!

"Weatherlawyer" wrote in message
ups.com...
Which way does the bolt unwind on a Boschmann chop saw? I can't seem to
budge it in either direction. The thing cuts anticlockwise and the
arrow points thataway so I presume the thread is a standard direction
and I need to unwind it in a clockwise motion.

Also the spindle stop that you push in to arrest the blade while
unwinding it, can't be held in place so I have jury rigged a spanner
across it and wrapped a tie around it. That can't be the design can it?
What moron came up with that brilliant idea?

it is usually easy to tell. just imagine that if the saw turned as it
usually does, but there was a spanner on the nut, then the nut would get
tighter, therefore the average saw has a standard type thread, so undo it by
turning anti clockwise.