Posted to alt.home.repair
higgledy higgledy is offline

Default Tamko or Certainteed Shingles

That is impressive.

Andy Asberry wrote:
On 20 Jul 2006 19:17:37 -0700, "higgledy" wrote:

Anyone have an opinion between these two manufacturers? I plan to
install 30 year, algae resistant, architectural shingles.

I can't comment on the shingles; only on one of the companies.

We bought Certainteed windows for our new house 4 years ago. We live
on a hill and get a lot of wind with the rain. They leaked.

Certainteed sent a rep down from Kansas City to North Texas to inspect
the windows. They replaced all the windows with commercial (rated for
third floor or higher) grade at no charge to us. I was pretty
impressed.

--Andy Asberry recommends NewsGuy--