Posted to uk.d-i-y
Weatherlawyer Weatherlawyer is offline

Default Chop! Chop!

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
Weatherlawyer wrote:

Which way does the bolt unwind on a Boschmann chop saw? I can't seem
to budge it in either direction. The thing cuts anticlockwise and the
arrow points thataway so I presume the thread is a standard direction
and I need to unwind it in a clockwise motion.

I would imagine it would turn anti clockwise ie the opposite to the
roatation of the blade?

These saw blades are put on with a drill type tool and you will have to
crack the tension,probably with a *impact driver*

It's always nice to meet someone who knows less than me. However in
your case I will make that an exception as I have just sheared the
bolt.

So that's £30 quid down the sawannee if I can find someone to tap it
out. And another £20 or £30 for the new blade.

Good here innit?

I must say I am sigularly unimpressed with the quality of steel use
dint eh manufacture of the bolt. I would have thought it could take a
little more stress than I gave it with the odd angle and poor purchase
I had on it.

And to think if I had been born of monkeys I could have made it to
President!