Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby The3rd Earl Of Derby is offline

Default Chop! Chop!

Weatherlawyer wrote:
Which way does the bolt unwind on a Boschmann chop saw? I can't seem
to budge it in either direction. The thing cuts anticlockwise and the
arrow points thataway so I presume the thread is a standard direction
and I need to unwind it in a clockwise motion.

Also the spindle stop that you push in to arrest the blade while
unwinding it, can't be held in place so I have jury rigged a spanner
across it and wrapped a tie around it. That can't be the design can
it? What moron came up with that brilliant idea?

I would imagine it would turn anti clockwise ie the opposite to the
roatation of the blade?

These saw blades are put on with a drill type tool and you will have to
crack the tension,probably with a *impact driver*

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite