Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster Lobster is offline

Default Which Yale lock?

Christian McArdle wrote:
If not, does anyone know if the hole in the door would be in the same
place for all these locks, or would it need 'moving' (which is not
likely to happen!)?

Measure the distance from the edge of the door to the centre of the hole for
the outside key. These days there are two standard widths, 40mm and 60mm. I
fitted a PBS2 to my mother's back door recently. The lock it replaced (which
was marked in imperial) had been there at least since I can remember, which
would have been about 1978. The 40mm fitted perfectly, so I suspect these
have been standard sizes for decades.

Great - looks like it's 60mm.

Thanks
David