Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] barry@sme-online.com is offline

Default Insulating un-climate controlled areas

nhurst wrote:
I've got a workshop with no heater or AC (I'm in North Florida, so I
don't NEED either), with fairly heavy shade year round. Would
insulating the walls do anything useful? Currently it's exposed studs
with T1-11 exterior and windows on 3 sides, with a sloped roof going
from around 10 feet down to 8'1/2" or so.

My Father in law keeps insisting I insulate the place, but I don't see
the utility, since there is nothing inside the workshop for the
insulation to work on. Would it pretty much only make the workshop
hotter in the summer and warmer in the winter, or would I actually be
able to see a difference?

Thanks,
Nathan

With some active participation, it can be very useful, e.g.:
during cool part of day, let air in at one end & exhaust with fan at
other extreme
once outside temp up to inside temp, close all ventilation until
evening.

Scheme works very well with large part of house.