Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Insulating un-climate controlled areas

nhurst wrote:
I've got a workshop with no heater or AC (I'm in North Florida, so I
don't NEED either), with fairly heavy shade year round. Would
insulating the walls do anything useful? Currently it's exposed studs
with T1-11 exterior and windows on 3 sides, with a sloped roof going
from around 10 feet down to 8'1/2" or so.

My Father in law keeps insisting I insulate the place, but I don't see
the utility, since there is nothing inside the workshop for the
insulation to work on. Would it pretty much only make the workshop
hotter in the summer and warmer in the winter, or would I actually be
able to see a difference?

Thanks,
Nathan

Hi,
If you insulate, inside shop temp. will be more stable.
How about cooler in summer, warmer in winter?