Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] franzen_torres@yahoo.com is offline

Default Admiral Dishwasher - The Door is Falling, and It Can't Get Up!

My 20-year old Admiral dishwasher is still going strong, except that
last night, when I pulled the door open, I heard a loud crunch, and now
the door just falls open on its own weight everytime I open it. The
springy support that the door used to have is gone, and the door all of
a sudden is now heavy since there is no more spring-loaded assist to
keep it up. Also, all the plastic wheels that make the wire rack glide
out have fallen off.

I still love this unit and despite its age, I'd like to keep it going.
Can these defects still be repaired, can it qualify as a do-it-yourself
project, and what parts and tools do I need? Is the broken or dislodged
spring inside the heavy door wall, or is it on the inside wall of the
dishwasher? Any available parts assemby diagrams?

The Admiral dishwasher is Model No. DU2406-A S/N 00916 94 0686
manufactured by the Holland Division in Sharmburg, IL.

Thanks.