jim rozen

Default Pennies thrown from Empire State Building was Bullets falling

In article , Jeff Wisnia says...

http://www.snopes.com/spoons/noose/balloon.htm

"As Larry and his lawnchair drifted into the approach path to
Long Beach Municipal Airport, perplexed pilots from two passing
Delta and TWA airliners alerted air traffic controllers about
what appeared to be an unprotected man floating through the sky in a
chair."

Damn I wish they had saved the tapes of those conversations
between the controllers and the flight crews. Now *that*
would be priceless stuff.

My grandfather was fascinated by this event. We have a
photo of him on his 90th birthday, sitting in our yard
in an aluminum lawn chair. With about 20 helium balloons
tied to it!

please reply to: