Posted to alt.home.repair
Eigenvector Eigenvector is offline

Default Need advice on retaining/garden wall (maybe OT)

"Norminn" wrote in message
nk.net...
Eigenvector wrote:
I need some advice on how to complete a garden wall/retaining wall.

I have the blocks currently stacked up until they are about 2, maybe 3
inches below the level of the turf at the top of the wall. If I add
another layer to the wall the blocks will be about 5 inches above the
turf. My question is what would be better, adding another layer and
having the wall terminate above the turf, or letting the wall end 3
inches below the turf?

Providing you can still mow along top of the wall, and not fall off riding
mower, etc., just let the sod be a little higher than the wall. You can
pull back sod along the wall, dig out a little soil, lay the sod back
down - that will slope the sod to the level of the wall and look nicer.
If you just cut it off, it will probably level itself over time. You
probably won't harm the sod, and will probably keep soil from washing down
the face of your wall. If you move the sod, just water a little more
often for a week or two.

I was leaning this way when I posted, I just wasn't sure if it was kosher or
not.