Posted to alt.home.repair
Peachy Peachy is offline

Default thermostat replacement

But my question is since the Hunter works and all the wires match, why
is there a problem? The Honeywell was at lest 35 years old and probably
not made for a heat pump that is 10 years old anyway.
Tony Hwang wrote:
Ivan Vegvary wrote:

I'm just going through the same issue now. Am being told that my themostat

is not designed for heat pumps. Need at least 6 wires, have only 5. Just
going by what two different repair men told me.

Ivan Vegvary

Hi,
Hunter to Honeywell is big downgrading. Hunter is known for trouble.
I am biased being ex-Honeyweller, LOL. All my thermostats are Vision Pro
series(house, condo, cabin)