Posted to sci.electronics.repair
J J is offline

Default 32" sony vega sound

Ive purchased a 32" sdtv sony vega trinitron tv
My problem is with the digital broadcast sound in my area
its too loud... i mean way too loud There's no sound and with one click
of the control the volume is too loud to comfortably listen to and keep
the baby sleeping.
I know how to access the service menu so is there a code for master
volume on this tv?
I would like to pot the sound down a bit so the volume is easier to
listen to
also when are broad casters going to fix this? Iv read they have no way
to control volume on digital braodcast tv. the analog sound is fine its
just digital that causes a problem
If there is no code i may unplug the speakers and wire my own rca out
jack in back and run it to my radio so i have better sound control with
no sound from the tv speakers
A second question: because this tv has no audio out is there any way to
use the service menu to alter the video 2 audio jack inputs to be outs
rather than in's.
I hope thats not a stupid question but you never know with all the
features they offer now adays
any way if it helps the model number is
KD-32fs170
any help would be great