Posted to rec.woodworking
Toller Toller is offline

Default Breaking titbond 3 glue.

"Joe Bemier" wrote in message
On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 15:59:34 GMT, "Toller" wrote:

"Rich" wrote in message
I've got a project I've been working on for quite some time. The summer
humidity has made a part swell allot more than I anticipated. Now I need
to take it apart and redo it right. Does anyone have any suggestions for
loosening the titebond 3 glue so I can take the joint apart? I know its
supposed to be waterproof, but the only thing that is really waterproof
is
a frogs ass, and that is questionable too.
thanks in advance.
Rich

If you succeed, please let us know what you did!
I have a panel door that I want to take apart. The plywood panel looks
crappy, but I don't feel like starting from scratch; I would like to just
replace the plywood.

I have some methods to replace panels in door. If you are interested
in trying, post an image in the binary group and I'm sure - well
almost sure- we could find a solution.

http://www.frontiernet.net/~toller/Cherry%20Cabinet.doc
I am real happy with the cabinet, but after I put oil on it, the hideous
pattern came up on the plywood panel.
Other then routing the back off, I can't think of how to salvage it; so if
you have suggestions...