JTMcC

Default Bullets falling back to earth

"Eddy" wrote in message

JTMcC wrote:

"JTMcC" wrote in message
news
We don't care how high it goes, we only care about it's velocity

returning
to earth, after coming to a theoretical stop after being fired

straight
up.
We are talking about bullets with no energy remaining from the initial
firing. I can go out in my fromt yard right now, and fire a .22

caliber,
55
grain projectile into the sky at around 2800 fps (feet per second) or

over
4000 fps. Using my original criteria of the bullet flying straight up,

until
stopped by the force of gravity, and returning to earth via the same
gravitational force, do you really believe the bullet fired from a 220

Swift
or 22-250 will hit the ground at a greater speed than the one fired

from a
.223? Again, I was more interested in the girl sitting next to me in

H.S.
physics class than the math problems, but I'm still pretty sure I'm

right.

JTMcC.

As an aside I should add that I don't and wouldn't fire into the air, as
I've allways told my kids, you are personally responsible for every

round
you fire. Period.

regards,
JTMcC.

Yes......but you have a brain.

I think the vast majority of gun owners in the U.S. believe the same. If you
exclude the gang banger types, the drunken idiot types and the crack head
types, you get an amazing firearm safety record in this country. The same
can be said for driving, flying and other activities that have the potential
to harm others.

JTMcC.