Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Dave is offline

Default Aircon - Mobile unit for approx. £200 - any ideas?

Fred Finisterre wrote:
Hi,

Looking for a cheap but good (for the price) aircon unit. I'm expecting to
have to have a big pipe traling out of the window, but if that can be
avoided so much the better.

Something available on the high street would be good.

Any good/bad experiences?

The local primary school has, just this week, had fitted split unit air
con. I spoke to the installation men to ask about a domestic version, as
these were of the top quality and therefore very expensive. He mentioned
Hitachi (sp) as being a suitable split unit at about £200-00. He also
said that there is not much to choose between mot of the £200-00 units.

It got me thing, as I currently have the portable unit behind right now.
I vent it through the patio door in the same way an earlier poster did;
through a board with a hole to fit the pipe.

HTH

Dave