Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Grumps Grumps is offline

Default Sony TV, collapsed field

Leonard Caillouet wrote:
"Grumps" wrote in message

Replaced 0R47 res after I decided to measure the voltage on the res
properly, doh!
TV now works :-)
I wonder why it broke. Could it be linked to our new policy of
switching off at the mains and not leaving it in standby?

I see Sony sets with only a resistor in the supply from the FBT
secondary open often enough with no other issues to not worry about
it any more. I think the resistor is just sized conservatively. I
doubt that it has anything to do with your power configuration. We
do see a lot of bad solder joints on the vertical outputs and that
could play a role. Like the HDT, we always resolder the vertical
output when we service a Sony.

Thanks. I'll rest assured.