Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
George Max George Max is offline

Default Imagine You've Neer Seen A Lathe

On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 01:30:58 -0700, charlie b
wrote:

A friend called and invited you over for "an interesting experience".

snip

you want me to put this “roughing gouge” down on that “tool
rest” - and push it into that spinning chunk of wood?

Come on dude. I’ve played along up to this point - but are you out of
your freakin’ mind - and why do you think I’m an idiot?

I’ve had enough. I going home. When you get back from the emergency
room give me a call if you need anything.

charlie b

Funny. Thanks.

BTW, it's *still* a little disconcerting to have an irregularly shaped
chunk 'o wood spinning and wobbling the machine while I approach it
with the roughing gouge. Hang on tight!