Posted to uk.d-i-y
TMC TMC is offline

Default Aircon - Mobile unit for approx. £200 - any ideas?

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
The air temp at the front of the unit is 13.4 C so I am getting some

cooling
and a flow of cool air

The problem with these units is that whilst they shove cooled air out the
front, they also throw out lots of heat from the rear and chuck your
expensively cooled and then heated air out the pipe. They are an
environmental disaster and should be banned.

Christian.

Mine does not throw heat out of the rear only out of the pipe

And the alternative is?

I suppose I could get into my air conditioned car and drive to my air
conditioned office rather than working at home

I guess I could also switch off my fridges freezers and water cooler as well
as they appear to be chucking out loads of heat just to keep things cool

And who needs a computer heating up the office anyway

Just out of curiosity how much more environmentally friendly are proper air
con systems?
It may be better if I move up to one of those

But then again I am not sure of the environmental damage to the countries
producing them

Tony