Posted to uk.d-i-y
Clive George Clive George is offline

Default Which Yale lock?

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
Ok, you can put the latch/whatever on, but that's just an
extra layer of faff to forget about - and I will...

Putting the latch on the PBS1 is very easy, you just press the button as
you
turn the lever. If the door is already open and you can't be bothered to
turn the lever, simultaneously pressing the bolt in and pressing the latch
button works well. It is certainly less work than moving a bolt or
unhooking
a chain. It is also has much better security than either.

Maybe - hut I'd still fail to do it at some point.

If I'm in the house, which is the situation we're talking about here, I
think the security provided by a bolt + chain should be enough. When away
from the house, there's proper mortice locks for security.

cheers,
clive