Posted to uk.d-i-y
TMC TMC is offline

Default Aircon - Mobile unit for approx. £200 - any ideas?

"Fred Finisterre" wrote in message
Hi,

Looking for a cheap but good (for the price) aircon unit. I'm expecting to
have to have a big pipe traling out of the window, but if that can be
avoided so much the better.

Something available on the high street would be good.

Any good/bad experiences?

Cheers,

Fred.
Hi Fred

I bought a Homebase one for £150 last year does me fine but clearly not as
good as the 2 part ones as it doesn't recycle the air in the room but draws
warm air from outside.
Also when in full cooling mode rather than idling on the fan uses 1100watts
so not cheap to run

I put a piece of thin ply in the open window with a hole cut out the size of
the vent pipe worked well

Changed it later for a tumble drier vent kit fitted through wall worth the
effort

I am using it in a 7 metre by 3 metre west facing room with patio doors

Most popular room in the house at the moment

Regards

Tony