Posted to alt.home.repair
Dave Garrett Dave Garrett is offline

Default thermostat replacement

In article .com,
says...

I recently replace the Honeywell thermostat for my Coleman heat pump,
with a Hunter digital and after I got it installed I notice that the
package said in very small type that it was not suitable for heat
pumps. It seems to work, so I'm wondering what the difference is. Do i
need to get a different one?

Well, as part of a recent HVAC system upgrade, I replaced a Hunter
digital thermostat with a Honeywell digital one. When I asked the
installer his opinion of the two thermostats, his only comment was
"Hunter should've stuck to making ceiling fans." YMMV.

Dave