Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking
.p.jm@see_my_sig_for_address.com .p.jm@see_my_sig_for_address.com is offline

Default Problems with air conditioners, etc

On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 03:48:14 +0000 (UTC), Ignoramus16532
wrote:

pjm, as much as you sound rather unpleasant, I have a feeling that
you actually may know a thing or two about troubleshooting HVAC
equipment. The key word here is "may".

Mighty ****ing white of you.

What was your first clue ? The 14 years of field experience ?
The 5 statewide Masters licenses ? The fact that I've TAUGHT at som
eof the most respected organizations in the industry ? The fact that
I'm the author of some of the most widely used technical sofrtware in
the industry ? Really - which one turned that dim bulb on for you ?

Is there any chance at all that you could help us appreciate the
wisdom and knowledge of your profession, by actually sharing some of
it here, specifically what kinds of issues could cause observed
problems (intermittent breaker popping at startup).

I've shared all you can handle, and all I care to.

I mean, both great experts as well as ignorant assholes could say
something like "dumbass, you need to talk to professionals". That's an
easy thing to say in all circumstances.

So... How can we know that you are a knowledgeable person in your

Send me money if you want me to owe you something. other
than that, I owe you NOTHING, including 'proofs' you're not entitled
to.

field? Can you share with us what is applicable to his case. I would
then be the first to acknowledge the depths of your expertise. I am
not kidding or posturing.

And I don't give a **** WHAT you are.

Here's one of the most common things that can cause his
symptoms - low on freon. Yes, that ****ing simple. Does he have the
tools required to test it ? No. Does he have the knowledge to know
how to USE those tools ( we ain't talking about a ball peen hammer
here ) ? No.

Low freon = low compressor cooling = compressor overheats =
bearings seize up or drag = high amps = MORE heat = breaker trip.
After a while 'off' it cools down, and runs again until next time.

Now go away, properly ashamed and chastised.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

'With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.'
HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's
Free demo now available online http://pmilligan.net/palm/