Posted to alt.home.repair
bjornborg bjornborg is offline

Default Air Conditioner is too narrow for the window frame

Greetings all,

It's so darn hot inside my house lately that I finally broke down and
bought an air conditioner. The only problem is that is is 2 1/2 inches
to small for the frame. Are there any way to get past this issue
without having to pay a carpenter to do a custom installation or having
to return it. Is it possible to get a wider plastic casing (the
platic frame the air conditioner peeks through) at home depot or
somewhere? Any other suggestions... Thanks so much for your input