Alan Moore

Default O.T. follow up on Mr. Gunner's comment

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 14:33:33 GMT, Jim Wilson
wrote:

Alan Moore wrote...
On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 03:05:18 GMT, Jim Wilson
What was the purpose of the right to bear arms?

To insure that congress should make no law abridging that right. Next
question?

I could have worded my first one better. I didn't ask what the purpose of
the second amendment was. I want to know why the framers considered the
freedom to bear arms a right of the people.

Because they didn't think they could afford an army, but didn't want
the nation left vulnerable to an invader. And at the time, they
couldn't afford an army, and nowadays, we're barred by law from using
our guns on any current invaders...

Makes you wonder a bit, doesn't it?

Al Moore