Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking
wyredog wyredog is offline

Default Problems with air conditioners, etc

Hi I just joined the group so please forgive any unintended rudeness on
my part.

Oh and don't let my nickname be misinterpreted as my being any sort of
self-proclaimed electrical genius.....It is a spin on our breed of dogs
...Wire hair fox terriers.

My question is this: I am about to replace the dual capacitor on my
heat pump. I have a vague understanding that it contains a charge that
could be lethal or could otherwise knock me on my @ss. What should I
do/not do as I remove the capacitor.....I know to turn the power off to
the outside unit but beyond that welcome any and all honest advice.

Thanks

Wyredog (fox terrier)