Posted to alt.home.repair
Scott Townsend Scott Townsend is offline

Default Screwing Down Backerboad for Tile... (Rant)

We used a Cordless 18v Makita... Drilled the Counter Sink holes then went
back and drilled the screw shaft hole. This allows the backer board to be
sucked down to the subfloor.

Scott-
"Oren" wrote in message
On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 17:45:02 GMT, "Scott Townsend"
wrote:

So is it me, or is there a trick to putting down the backer board for
tile?

Those 'self counter-sinking' screws are worthless as far as trying to self
counter-sinking. To get them flush we ended up predrilling holes for the
Screw shaft and a bigger counter -sink hole for the screw head.

Is that how its done? Without pre-drilling we could not get the Screws to
Counter-sink.

I've tried with both regular cement board and hardybacker board.

Thanks,
Scott

Drill choice?

Oren