Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jerry G. Jerry G. is offline

Default Intel 80C32

You should look at the time horizon that you want to do the support for
your design, and for the future market for your device.

If making a new updated design is going to be very expensive in
relation to the return, I would work out a projection of how many of
these chips to buy, and stock up on them.

This situation is very normal in this industry.

Jerry G.
======

ee_design wrote:
We have an industrial controller which uses an 80C32 cpu. The
controller has been in production for many many years and is very
reliable. Intel has announced that they won't make these chips after
next year. Does anyone have a simple suggestion how to just continue
with this controller design or is it going to require a re-design with
new technology?
Thanks in advance for your opinions and advice.