Posted to rec.woodworking
tom tom is offline

Default Breaking titebond 3 glue.

That seems like a heckuva glue test! I wonder if "primate" glue stacks
up...I'm repairing some POS dowelled-mitred F&P cabinet doors right
now. Titebond 2 with a sizing of the endgrain beforehand. Please
hold...Tom
Hedley wrote:
snip
"... the joint is boiled for 4 hours, then baked for more than 20 hours...
boiled for 4 hours again... cooled down under running water... finally the
glue must undergo a strength test while it's still wet..." As in the wood
must break before the glue for it to pass the test.

I think this sounds a tad more waterproof than a frog's ass, but I guess a
heat gun can get up over 212F and "melt" the glue.

snip