Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] edswoods@comcast.net is offline

Default Ryobi Radial Arm Saw Recall

KENDALL SEYBERT wrote:
A quick note for those who might not be aware of this..

According to the Syracuse, NY Post-Standard on July 18, about 145,000 Ryobi
radial arm saws "are being recalled because cracks in the plastic housing
the motor can cause the blade to fall out while the saw is in use. The
recall includes all RA200 and RA202 radial arm saws, which are bench-top
models with 8-1/4 inch blades. A plate behind the operator grip says 'Ryobi
8-1/4" ' and either 'RA200' or 'RA202.' The saws were sold at home centers
and hardware stores between 1886 and 1997. For information, visit
www.ryobi.com"

-- Jim

Hm...wonder when the whole trunnion is going to fall out of my foldup
Ryobi
tablesaw which, I foud out later, is only fastened to the top with four
small
#8 screws in plastic?