Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Made an evaporative air cooler today...

On Tue, 18 Jul 2006 23:05:23 GMT, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

Mike Dodd wrote:

Interesting bit of DIY - personally I'd question increasing the
humidity or the air in the house any further, but if the results suit
you then congratulations! Try overnight - see if it helps getting a
decent nights kip in this weather.

Best way of getting a decent nights kip is to have ceiling fans. I've got
them in every room apart from kitchen & bathrooom. About £25 each and take
30 mins to install max. Often wondered why more people don't have them.

Same here, we have them in the lounge and bedroom (daughter has a wall
mounted fan as her bed is up on the wall) and it lets us survive in
this weather. In fact when we go round folks houses without them we
feel stifled ;-(

All the best ..

T i m

p.s. It's a Victorian house with highish ceilings so even with the
water bed we have been ok so far ;-)