Posted to alt.home.repair
GotBonus GotBonus is offline

Default Electrical code for spas in Phoenix( Gilbert)

I recently purchased a new spa from a company called "lifespas" in phoenix.
One of the features of the spa is that it has a GFCI breaker built in to the
electrical control panel.
they TOLD me that this eliminates the need for a GFCI breaker at the sub box
on my patio and that all I need is a 50 amp breaker.
The sub box is about 7 feet from the tub and line of sight.

Now, I have had several electricians say they believe that there still needs
to be a GFCI breaker in the sub box to make this meet code.
Has anyone heard of such a thing?
I know each state/city is different, but is this safe?

I live in Gilbert AZ just East of phoenix, I am assuming I would call the
city of Gilbert inspector to find out more...