Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob Bob is offline

Default Clearing rough ground

wrote in message
On Tue, 18 Jul 2006 15:40:59 -0700, "Bob" wrote:

My recommendation would be to go in with a strong gardening pitchfork.
Use it to loosen the ground around the blackbeery and other shrubs.
Then pry with it under the root ball while someone else with a strong
back pulls the shrub out.

You must have a different kind of blackberry than I am thinking of.
The ones I grew up with were like tangled up razor coil. Grabbing it
was not an opition. It grabbed you. Is there any poison ivy in there?
It seems to go together. That is why I didn't suggest burning.

No poison ivy here in Seattle where blackberry runs wild.
Heavy leather gloves can be used to handle blackberry just fine.

Bob