Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Mark is offline

Default Can anyone recommend a decent vacuum cleaner?

Been here, done this. I had (and still have) a Kirby...it does OK.

However, I also have a SEBO vacuum...and that one does a helluva better job
than the Kirby, and the Kirby is good.

The SEBO has an automatically adjusted beater-bar/brush that automatically
adjusts to the carpet height....why is this important....it keeps the
correct amount of suction so that the dirt is "really" vacuumed.

I vacuum with both, and always feel the Kirby is the better of the two. And
get this, it costs less than a Kirby...I paid about $600.00 for the SEBO.
Good luck

Mark

"fnord" wrote in message
ps.com...
We've been through 4 or 5 vacuum cleaners over the last 6 years.
Hoovers, Kenmoores, some other brands as well, with no luck. They last
6 months to a year, and then just crap out. We take them in for
repairs, and they come home still broken. I'm at the end of my rope.

Does anyone have experience with an upright vacuum cleaner that will
actually last 5 years or more?

thanks,
fnord