Posted to alt.home.repair
Keith Williams Keith Williams is offline

Default Toilet Ring, Above or flush with the Floor?

In article .com,
says...

plumbing suppliers have adapters that can bring you up to new rough-in dimensions.

http://www.quickfixplumbingproducts....0extenders.htm

I didn't want to move the plumbing so cut the hardibacker around
the current flange and use a similar spacer (from Home Despot). My
problem now is that the floor is 7/8" higher than it was and can't
find closet bolts long enough. They have long enough 1/4" bolts
everywhere but they just spin in the flange. The flange wants
5/16" bolts and I can only find them 2-1/4" long. :-(

....one more place to try this afternoon.

--
Keith