ATP

Default Bullets falling back to earth

TSJABS wrote:
by a bullet that
was shot into the air.

Funny but that seems to be where most bullets end up getting fired.
If I recall wasen't one of the klan members either in a tree or up on
a stand and the goof with the gun wasen't aiming exactly straight up.

A bullet fired exactly straight up will finally come to 0 speed at
which it will break over and start excellerating to terminal
velocity. Here in the midwest we frequently have hail that exceeds
the size of many bullets and fall from much greater heights and its
funny how people can just walk around in it and not get killed.
I think a person would be suprised how many "accidental" shooting
are blamed on "I just shot the gun straight into the air" sydrome.

tim

The article didn't give a lot of details, it was an initiation, they were
shooting a guy with paintball guns and someone fired the real gun to provide
sound effects. Daniel Carver didn't approve.