Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] calico_one@yahoo.com is offline

Default Plumbing, Main drain in floor of basement

I had the same problem, except it tooks a week. If you have AC you
might be drying the house out enough to cause the water to evaporate.
I was told that if you fill with water, the trap/drain/ and poor down
several ounces of mineral oil, it cover the water. Since the mineral
oil won't evaporate, and seals the water, you can reduce your refill
times during the dry season.

I don't know your drain, so I can only say it worked for me.

imho,

tom @ www.Consolidated-Loans.info

We have a septic system and drain feild. I don't think I should pour
mineral oil in it but I may be wrong.

We have electric baseboard heat, so there is no duct work and that
means no AC. We don't have AC at all in the house.