Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Going crazy over asbestos

uz wrote:
We remodelled our bathroom and kitchen over a year ago and I found out
later that the floor contained asbestos which the contractor did not
take any precautions with while tearing it out. We were in the house
with our kids when this was done. When we found out later I panicked
(my husband didn't think there was anything the matter). We got the
carpets HEPA vacuumed and wiped the appearant surfaces. Nothing else
was done and I got fine for a year. Now I've started obsessing about it
again and want to throw away everything in the house. My husband does
not want to discuss this with me and would even consider separating
from me if I keep on going like this about this situation. My problem
is I don't want to have my kids living in the house knowing that
anything could be contaminated!!!!! What do i do???? someone please
help has anyone dealt with this? I'm totally going crazy

do you or your hubby smoke, or allow your kids around smokers?
grandparents etc?

if so the small asbestos risk is NOTHING in comparision with the second
hand smoke risk....

life is full of risks, does your family have a car?