Gunner

Default O.T. follow up on Mr. Gunner's comment

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 08:09:40 GMT, Marv Soloff
wrote:

According to a recent BBC/NOVA program, the Soviets admitted to some 325
"agents" working in the US Government during the McCarthy probe years.
McCarthy nailed exactly two (count 'em). He could have done better by
posting the names and throwing darts at the lists.

Regards,

Marv

Yup. But he was indeed correct..that there were Commies in the wood
pile, was he not?

Gunner

Ed Huntress wrote:
"Gunner" wrote in message

Recent releases of Soviet documents have shown that there were indeed
a great number of clandistine Communist activists among those
blacklisted. Jumping Joe McCarthy was an oportunistic clod..but as it
turns out, he was indeed correct in far more cases than previously
accepted. People who did provide aid, information etc to the
Soviets. Do the websearches on this fascinating topic. Its rather
moot now, as the USSR is kaput..but those individuals in many cases
are still alive.

SNIP

" ..The world has gone crazy. Guess I'm showing my age...
I think it dates from when we started looking at virtues
as funny. It's embarrassing to speak of honor, integrity,
bravery, patriotism, 'doing the right thing', charity,
fairness. You have Seinfeld making cowardice an acceptable
choice; our politicians changing positions of honor with
every poll; we laugh at servicemen and patriotic fervor; we
accept corruption in our police and bias in our judges; we
kill our children, and wonder why they have no respect for
Life. We deny children their childhood and innocence- and
then we denigrate being a Man, as opposed to a 'person'. We
*assume* that anyone with a weapon will use it against his
fellowman- if only he has the chance. Nah; in our agitation
to keep the State out of the church business, we've
destroyed our value system and replaced it with *nothing*.
Turns my stomach- " Chas , rec.knives