Clivedodd

Default Mid-Position 3 Port Valve - Hot Water (A) position & OFF - but HW flow to boiler?

I have just fitted a 3 port drayton MA1 valve, room and cylinder stat
- it's all working very well but I have one small problem. The
indirect water pipework remains hot long after the boiler and pump
have shut down - I investigated and shut-off an old gate valve to
prevent water flow (the MA1 3 port valve was in the unmotored A
position), anyway this stopped the pipework remaining hot. It appears
that the hot water cylinder is inducing a water flow in the indirect
pipework - does this matter? well the tank is lagged so what's the
point if it's hot water heat is being slowly dissipated by the induced
water flow?????? Has something failed in my system or should I have
gone for a twinzone system instead???