Posted to uk.d-i-y
Guy King Guy King is offline

Default Shower pressure still low after adding shower pump

The message k
from "The Medway Handyman" contains
these words:

Maybe I'm having a blond moment here, but what difference would a dedicated
pipe run make to the water flow? I can see the point about the hot running
out before the cold, but if you have existing 22mm pipes running to say the
bath taps, whats wrong with tapping into them (providing the bath taps
remain off of course)?

Didn't we do this a while ago? Flow in the pipe dramatically reduces the
pressure. Take more from a pipe and the pressure will drop further. For
flow-critical devices like showers, take a new pipe right back to the
tank.

A few weekends ago we were at a music festival - one long pipe ran round
the campsite feeding a dozen or so taps. The few at the far end rarely
got any water at all, and then only because the upstream tap users had
all gone to bed.

--
Skipweasel