Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Home Condition Reports abandoned

On 18 Jul 2006 19:57:50 GMT someone who may be
(Andrew Gabriel) wrote this:-

However, strangely, the
SAP evaluation is still in, which is done by the Home Inspectors
during the Home Condition Report inspection. Quite how this is
supposed to work I can't imagine.

It is something dreamt up by party politicians, so by definition it
is unlikely to work.

Anyone with an interest in such things will be able to gauge the
running costs by using their eyes and asking a few questions. Those
who are not interested are not interested. Thus the whole idea is
just another example of pointless nanny state tactics. It gives
administrators another box to tick, but is not useful to "real
people".

There are also a large number of HI who have funded their own
training who will now not be required -- I wonder what happens
about that.

They are in the same position as those who believed in company
pensions, those railway staff who invested their meager savings in
Railtrack and do on. The Labour Party doesn't give a **** about
them.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh